How was everybody’s weekend? It passed by in a flash over here, but if that’s the extent of the commentary I can provide, I better give up this blogging thing now. 🙂
Here are a few of our weekend highlights…and I will do my best to get better at snapping pics!
- I think I was asleep by 8 pm and slept through the night. As I mentioned, I had been waking up in the middle of the night to pump while the baby snoozed away, so I really needed a solid night of sleep. That makes a lame Friday night around here a major highlight in my book!
- Got all my meal prep done – woohoo!
- Spending the day with the girl, obviously.
- Mike and I went out to dinner and drinks to celebrate our fourth wedding anniversary. With my parents on babysitting duty, we headed out to Greenhouse Tavern for some eats. I’ve never been disappointed when eating there, and this meal was no exception. We started by sharing a new-to-us dish: the warm cauliflower salad. It was incredible. For my entrée, I ordered the rice & bean veggie burger – my usual – and I loved it – as usual. Mike got the market fish and was really happy with his choice, too! After dinner, we walked across the street to Butcher and the Brewer for beers, which is our preferred way to end the night (rather than with dessert).
- The weather was finally nice enough again to take Vera out for a walk. I think I got out last weekend with her but we had to bundle her up big time. This time it was bare arms and legs!
- I picked up some fresh-cut flowers when I made a quick stop at the grocery store, and placed them in a vase on our dining room table. It was a small thing but it made me smile…sometimes it’s the little things, you know?
- However, Sunday’s biggest highlight was my sister-in-law’s bridal shower. My mother-in-law put together a party that would make even the most dedicated Pinterest-lovers jealous. It was truly beautiful! Vera had fun playing with her cousin and the bride-to-be.
And there are the highlights. I also cleaned the whole house but I figured you guys would think I was really lame if I included that as a true highlight. Onto the week now!
What were the highlights of your weekend?