Happy Friday! How was your week? We are battling allergies and pink eye big time over here, but we still managed to have a good week. Trying to focus on the positive anyway, so without further ado, here is a round-up of 5 things that made me smile this week!
- My Mother’s Day card from Mike and Vera. I definitely cried when I read the whole thing. #notashamed
- Fresh juice!I ran out at lunch on Monday to do a quick errand and realized I was close to a Pulp, so I popped in for a build-your-own juice. I combined carrot, apple, ginger and lemon, and it was incredible. It hit the spot for sure!
- Weekday baseball games. My company had its annual outing to the Tribe game on Wednesday afternoon and it was a nice break from the action. I failed to snap any pics and we lost, but still….!
- Roasting frozen veggies. Is this a silly favorite? I think so, but I really do love this hack. I wanted to be sure the italian-style quinoa was had for dinner last night would stretch into today’s lunches for Vera and me. I remembered we had some frozen cauliflower on hand and voila. No chopping. Just dump onto a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and seasons with salt and pepper (or whatever you want). 20 minutes or so in the oven and BAM.
- My silly girl.We are in the thick of silliness over here – making faces, playing games with us (and remembering the games to play them later), and…leaning sideways to eat, apparently. It’s the BEST.
I hope you have a great weekend!
What’s something that made you smile this week?
What are you most looking forward to this weekend?