Welcome to another week. How’s everyone feeling? I think we’re finally (knock on wood) over the pink eye epidemic here, so that was obviously a major highlight from the weekend.
And it was a good reason for lots of other reasons, too. Let’s recap the weekend, highlights-style!
- We kept it pretty low key, but I did put together a training plan for a fall half marathon. I haven’t totally decided which one I’m doing, but my two top choices are on the same day, so I was able to get a plan together. If you’re interested, I’ll share more details about it in a separate post…let me know!
- Vera and I had a Gymboree playdate with a friend and her son. It was super cute watching the two of them (and the third baby in the class) interact…or should I say sit there and look at each other with curiosity. They did keep stealing the toys from each other, too, which made us laugh –> probably not the appropriate reaction, but too bad.
- In the evening, Mike and I had a double date (a grown-up playdate!) with our two good friends (they actually started dating thanks to our wedding!), Amy and Jay. We went to Johnny Mango for delicious food and drinks –> their (housemade!) sangria is TO. DIE. FOR. (and remember, I’m a beer girl first so this is saying something). We followed that up with a walk over to Platform for another round (I passed because I had a couple sangrias :). I didn’t snap any photos because….#sangria.
- Vera took two solid naps on Saturday –> a miracle. I spent the first one cleaning the whole house and the second one getting ready for our double date and sitting on the couch. It’s all about balance 🙂
- I did one of my favorite workout videos of all time – HIIT Like a Girl (round 2). It’s so hard and I love it. To be honest, I surprised myself with how much energy I brought to this – I am back to 3 am pumping sessions AND Vera was up at 5. Yet further proof to not mess with mamas.
- We did our usual Sunday family time (so more playdates for Vera). This girl loves playing with grandparents, and – at Mike’s family’s – her cousins.
It’s so fun to watch her just watching her cousins (8 and 7), and it’s even better when she tries to get in on the action.
- My 8-year-old niece wrote the following about me in sidewalk chalk:
“Aunt Stephanie is amazing and cool, and funny.” –> love that girl. And since she proclaimed she loves cursive more than print, I just love her even more.
- Look at this beautiful frittata I made during meal prep.
Enough said – it’s just gorgeous.
And that’s a wrap!
What were some of your highlights from the weekend?
Long-distance running: yes or no?