Happy Friday! It felt like a loooong weekend, probably because of my 5-night stretch of 3 am pumping that I started last weekend. I know I remarked on my high energy earlier this week but I was definitely dragging by Tuesday night and on Wednesday. Then Thursday I had to pick Vera up from daycare because she had a fever (I think it’s teething, ugh). Anywho, there was still lots to smile about this week (besides full nights of sleep Wednesday and Thursday night!) so let’s review!
- Interval running. Thursday was one of those mornings when I started to dread my planned treadmill run while getting ready. As I was driving Vera to daycare, I was trying to talk myself into strength training instead – ha! But once I hopped on the treadmill – and especially once I got into my intervals – I was so happy. It felt good to push myself. Here’s what my run looked like (pretty similar to this one):
- My nieces. They light up my world. And look at this adorable note my oldest wrote about me…“Aunt Stephanie is amazing and cool, and funny” –> in cursive! Hopefully Vera thinks I’m all those things when she’s 8!
- Red lipstick. I threw out alllll my makeup in a panic that my pink eye was returning, so had to get all new stuff. I picked up a shade of cherry red lipstick and I think I like it?
- Fresh air. Ahhh it felt good to get outside a few days after work early this week and enjoy the sun on my skin –> this will probably be a highlight alllll summer. I appreciate these walks even more since it’s been rainy the best couple of days. We cap our walks off with visits to the park, of course.
- Vera’s love of food. She was playing and made her way over to the bag of food I had packed her for daycare (because we have to keep plenty of back-up food there for her – haha). I don’t think it was an accident :). PS Sprout Quinoa Puffs are a favorite around here!
I hope you all enjoy your (hopefully long) weekend!
What’s something that made you smile this week?