Although my favorite type of exercise is running, and I also love hitting the gym for swimming and strength workouts, it seems that just as often, I am booting up the computer for an at-home video workout.
Most of my go-to videos are short and efficient workouts….because if I’m working out at home, I’m usually pressed for time. Maybe I’m up at 4:30 or 5 am to workout and get ready for the day before Vera wakes. Or I’m trying to get in a sweat during a nap or right before we dash off somewhere.
Additionally, I use workout videos to push myself. I find using a video makes me work harder than if I just made up something on my own. And it gives me variety – at the gym, I tend to turn to the same exercises over and over again.
In case you need a little workout inspiration the next time you’re in a rut or trying to get in a good workout in a short amount of time, here’s a rundown of the workout videos I turn to again and again:
- HIIT Cardio and Core, JessicaSmithTV –> Tough but doable. I like that she provides low impact options, which I used while I was pregnant.
- HIIT Like a Girl Round 2, FitnessBlender –> Hard and awesome!
- 11-Minute HIIT, JessicaSmithTV –> Sometime I will do this one 2-3 times through or I’ll combine it with another video, such as the below
- Flat Belly Fusion, JessicaSmithTV —> A good one of the abs that’s low impact
- Bodyweight Cardio and Kickboxing Cardio Intervals, FitnessBlender –> One of the most recent additions to my arsenal of videos! I find it to be challenging, but manageable…and I’m always sore the next day.
- Yoga Body Workout, Sadie Nardini –> It says it’s for weight loss but I’m not trying to lose weight – I just like the core focus of this video as well as the quicker pace than other yoga videos/classes.
- Slow Stretch Yoga, SarahBethYoga –> A good 15-minute stretch for rest and recovery days.
So there you have it…hopefully these give you some good ideas for when you need to get in a quick but effective workout at home!
What’s you favorite at-home workout video?
Do you stick to the same workouts or mix it up?