Hello there, welcome back from the weekend! Hope you’re feeling rested and refreshed, and that you had a good day celebrating all the fathers and father figures in your life. Over at SheintheCLE.com, I wrote a little tribute to Mike (a great husband turned amazing dad), and my own dad and my father-in-law (great dads who are now amazing grandpas/mannies :)).
Regarding the weekend in general, possibly because I took Thursday off, it seemed like an extra long weekend, which I thoroughly enjoyed. In fact, it seemed to last so long I hardly remember Friday night – ha! We probably didn’t do much other than watch The Man in the High Castle after putting Vera to bed! Saturday and Sunday were more eventful, so here are a few highlights:
- Solo shopping trip. I snuck out during Vera’s second nap to run some errands, including a trip to Target. Granted, I only purchased items for Mike and Vera, but still…#momgoals. I also popped into Carter’s and picked up these adorable pajamas for Vera.
- Sweaty run. I took Vera out in the stroller Saturday morning for a super hot and sweaty run. We did about 3 miles and I made sure Vera stayed hydrated per Mike’s instructions – ha!
You know it’s hot when you are still red-faced from your run AFTER a cold shower.
- Father’s Day celebration, part 1. My mom and dad came over in the afternoon to celebrate father’s day. We picked up food from Gentile’s and there was plenty of playtime.
- Babyproofing. Finally!
I never thought I’d say this, but isn’t that kind of a cute baby gate??
- Father’s Day celebration, part 2. Mike wanted waffles for breakfast to celebrate his day, so shortly after we were all up, I whipped up whole-wheat blueberry cinnamon waffle batter. Mike was then in charge of cooking them up.
Such good technique 🙂
Look at those beauties!
I ate mine topped with peanut butter and strawberry smooch. (I shared mine with Vera, who ate her half plain. We both went back for seconds :))
- Meal prep! I put in a couple hours in the kitchen meal prepping. I did a big batch of oatmeal and sweet potato muffins for Vera; a zucchini/carrot/tomato dairy-free frittata for Monday and Tuesday dinners; and a couple days worth of breakfasts for me. Success!
- Father’s Day celebration, part 3, and cousin playtime. We headed over to my in-laws in the afternoon. Vera got in plenty of playtime with Anna, and got to open a few birthday presents from Oma and Opa.
And that just about covers it!
How was your weekend? Did you get any meal prep done?