Good morning from Louisville! I am here for a quick work trip. It’s my first time and I have to say, I like it a lot. Our hotel is right in downtown and we had no trouble finding a place for dinner and drinks last night….just by wandering around.
We have an early start today so I don’t have a ton of time to chat today. While I’m eating breakfast (oatmeal and coffee from the lobby Starbucks), I thought I’d share the quick arms and core workout I did in the hotel gym this morning. You could really do this anywhere you have access to a set of hand weights!
Complete 3 rounds of the below circuit. If you have more time, add a little cardio before, during and/or after.
- 10 squats
- 10 burpees
- 10 “cheerleaders”, each hand (hold weights at chest level, lift one arm above your head and the other straight down, bring both back to chest level)
- 10 bent-over rows
- 20 high-knees (10 each leg)
- 10 squats-to-overhead-press
- 10 “21s” (7 small curls from full extension to half way, 7 full curls, 7 small curls from halfway to all the way up)
- 10 leg extensions (lie on your back, lift up your knees to a 90-degree angle, extend both legs out slowly and bring back in)
- 20 mountain climbers (10 each leg)
- 10 pelvic lifts (lie on your back, lift your knees up to a 90-degree angle, lift your pelvis up and lower back down)
- 30-second plank
This whole thing took me about 20 minutes to complete…which is all the time I had! Sometimes I’ll do a similar workout at the gym at home but add a half-mile run warmup, quarter-mile run intervals and a half-mile cool down.
– What’s your favorite on-the-go workout? I typically like to run in new cities, but we had such an early start it still would have been dark –> no dice for me.