In the spirit of practicing gratitude, here are a few simple things I find great joy in:
- Enjoying breakfast and drinking a HOT cup of coffee in the quiet morning hours, alone
- Writing (not that it’s always easy, but there’s something simple about writing)
- A cold craft beer after a long day (or half a week)
- Chips and salsa
- A good book
- Coming home to dinner in the slow cooker
- A long, hot shower
- A quiet, easy dinner with Mike after the kiddo is in bed –> we actually did this last night for the first time (I think — we prefer to eat as a family) and it was kind of nice! Not an all-the-time thing, but something for a change every once in awhile.
- In-season, perfectly ripe fruit
- An outside run
- Walking around outside in our driveway with Vera
Hm, there ended up being a lot of food related ones…oops! 🙂
Play along: share some of the simple things in life you love most.