Today is a special day: it marks 10 years since Mike and I first started dating. TEN YEARS. That seems like a freakishly long time. It is, in fact, one-third of my life.
In honor of our decade of togetherness, here are 10 things I love about Mike:
- He’s the best at making me laugh.
- He’s the best at talking me off a ledge. 🙂
- He’s an incredible dad – Vera lights up whenever she sees him.
- He takes everything in stride – from our 4 years of being in a long-distance relationship (which felt so significant and LONG at the time, but is starting to feel more and more like a blip) to work challenges to parenting dilemmas, he’s typically the calm and clear-headed one.
- His analytical brain – it’s so different than mine but he makes me smarter and helps me think differently.
- His taste in bold socks – it’s so random, but makes me smile.
- His support for me, no matter what – he put absolutely zero pressure on me to stay home or work, change jobs or not, change my last name or not, etc., etc., etc.
- Our similar tastes in food, drinks and vacation spots –> the important things 🙂
- Our different tastes in movies, TV shows, music –> keeps things interesting 🙂
- How much he thinks about our future.
Happy Anniversary to my one and only!